Monday, September 15, 2008

E Women Conference


This first picture was taken just as I sat down and was watching all these women fill into the Vines Center. I was SUPPOSE to be studying but...











O looky it's Chuck B on the screen!!













Awe picture moment. This is Holly. A new friend. She's actually my BFF's sister in law. They just moved here and I love her already.

(The stripes here on the pic is the handle from my cam.) Yea um the LU student standing there took it for us. I think she might photography 101








Charles and his band. I think he and Michael are reading the same fashion magazine. GQ, cause he had this printed tee on with a black VELVET jacket, jeans and dress shoes. He looked ok (I mean he IS Charles) But I just think...printed tee....maybe a solid color tee under the jacket or a button up shirt. At least he didn't have one of those silly hats Michael is wearing these days.






Just a shot of the crowd and screen














Got to get as many of Chucky B as possible. I was actually trying all the settings on my camera to make sure I would be able to get good shots of Chonda. I'm taking up donations for a new cam for me. This digital is really making me mad. I need something that shoots fast. Like WHEN I press the button not seconds later....rather than getting a great photo moment. You get what happened AFTER the great photo moment!!!!






Julie, president of E Women, came up. Yes we know how great looking Charles is. I mean how great of a singer he is!!!!

















Julie talking to us about the weekend













Look at ALL these women!!!! A sight I love to see. Every women's conference I go to, I think about awesome much we women could really impact this world. If ALL that Gathered REALLY sold out to Christ. Can you imagine. The households we live in, our circle of friends....the children alone we raise to be Godly men and women of God.






We were packed in. Ready for a weekend of laughs, and some tears.












Jerry Jr. came out to say a few words. Here I think he was introducing his wife Becki to the crowd.











Then Charles returned to the stage. I was beginning to wonder if this was "A night with Charles"? JUST KIDDING











Julie honors Thelma as the E Women of the Year! Love her. She has a AH-MAZ-ING testimony. Awesome speaker and writer.











Thelma excepting her Grammy! LOL














I'll be honest. Here's MY GIRL. The whole reason I went to E Women! Chonda Pierce Ladies!!!!

















Chonda Chonda Chonda














She looks great with her hair all grown out! For some reason I kept thinking of Kristi Kidd with her hair style.











She makes me laugh, she makes me cry















This is Chonda's bear she made during rehab, for her depression. I must say, her current material with depression hits a little TOO close to home. More on that later










Chonda SHARING.














O gee who returns to the stage AGAIN...None other than Chucky B. Look he took the jacket off. Kinda HOT in the room with that many women having HOT flashes....And Chonda talking about SEX...yes she did. I LOVE HER










Praising with Charles













Children of the World were there as well. If you have not seen these kids...your truly missing a blessing.













Children of the world with Richie McDonald














Your goin to LOVE this. Walking to my van. Looky what I found hangin around. It's Chonda Pierce's BUS!!!!











I stood around and talked to friends for, well a LONG while. I thought everyone was GONE. There was no one in sight. No shuttle buses or anything. And guess what pulls in front of me on campus. YES, Chonda Pierces bus!!!!









I got on the high after being stopped at a stop sign and the bus went ahead and low and behold...looky who I was behind on 460 from LU all the way to 811. CHONDA!!!!!










Hope I didn't blind any drivers taken these pics!

There were many speakers. My camera was drving me CRAZY! So here.

Charles...yea we got him didn't we.

Richie McDonald, yes he's the one that use to be the lead singer for Lone Star. Great mini concert! Love his voice.

Mandisa. Another great artist.

Children of the world...we mentioned them. These kids represent World Help. They steal my heart every time I see them.

Angela Thomas, great model for single parents. I've heard her alot and she is great!

Carol Kent I always put her with Focus of the Family. But she speaks in many different events.

Thelma Wells. LOVE HER. Her latest book "God is NOT Through With Me Yet" is awesome. Though I have never read a book of hers that I don't say it's a must read. If you have not experienced this author and speaker, you are truly missing one of God's Precious servant.

Karen Kingsbury, she is a novel author. I can't say that I have read any of her books. But she is a great speaker. Novels aren't up my alley. I like self help type stuff. But...I've heard she will leave you wanting more in her books.

Julie Cline is the president of E Women and a local resident around here. I have come to respect her in many ways. The work she does with E Women is such a blessing to me and I know many other women.

Chonda Pierce. This lady needs no Introduction. Or I didn't think so. Till while sitting by Holly Southall....I found out SHE had never heard Chonda. I was a little shocked...but. I tell you...we need in thr worst way, a way to look at things and laugh in this world. I have followed Chonda's career for many many years. There is not a book or cd that I don't have of hers. She has been sharing the past few years about the depression she has been dealing with. Unfortunately I know this all too well for myself. But the past two years it has really gotten away from me. But I would like to hold off on sharing too much about this at this time. There is just so much that is unknown for ME right now. I agree that as Chonda talks about...so many people in the "Christian" circle knock those that must take drugs to...well be somewhat normal. We need to stop that. I love what she says that "when someone comes up to you and tells you that you should not being taken drugs for depression and such...you need to tell them to take their glasses off, get in their car and drive home." Chonda you are PRECIOUS. Keep on keepin on girl!!!

Lord help us as "christians". We so often tear our brothers and sisters in Christ down without knowing it. Trying to cover up and mask everything. We think if something is wrong that they have sin in their life, or aren't "doing" enough in God's church or with His word. When ya know...it's something so much more. We, they, may be going EVERYTHING right and still be a little on the "mess up" side of life. Help us to allow others to be true and not be judged. Help US learn to be TRUE ourselves. I think so many are wearing mask and have been for so long, they don't even know how to take it off. Not to mention with all the mask, it leaves many who want nothing more than to heard and be honest...unable too. We feel everyone else is FINE and why would we want to unmask ourselves. If their fine. shouldn't we be "fine". Lord, the song that comes to mind is an old one by um...now their name slips my mind. But the song titled "Basics of Life". O how we need to go that. May You show us it's all about You. And that You have said "the Truth WILL SET US FREE" and we need to learn the truth, and learn to be true to ourselves and each other. Thank You for Your Grace and may we learn to give that same Grace to others.

Your first, Yours only, Yours Always
Candy

No comments: