Friday, July 25, 2008

Full day of events

So I stayed up till 3am preparing the house our new arrival that came today. He is here and we would like to introduce you all to Rockefeller. Will be called "Roc" for short. Michael is still working on a middle name. Please note this is HIS dog. If you know anything about me, you know how much I LOVE dogs. However, two dogs in one house ALL the time, is making me a little nervous. I worry about Scooter as with being a fragile one. We must be careful of his back with his breed and well....Roc is goin to be one big fella. Look at the size of these feet?!

I normally just fall in love right away with dogs but Roc for some reason has not stolen my heart yet. He is cute. And when the boyz are apart they are as calm as can be. Maybe it's the color. Those too that know me know I have always been in love with BROWN dogs. Which Scooter is not in the category either. But Scooter is unique and just precious as can be. Which is why I fell in love right away.

Roc is very well mannered. How ever, of course you put two puppies in the same house and needless to say the past 8 hours has been crazy. Roc is only 5 months old and already towers over Scooter. Who just turned a year a few weeks ago.

They play rough which makes me nervous. But am hoping things will settle down.

So here's a few peeks of our new addition....


(left) Roc finally fell asleep after hours of play.

(below) good thing Scooter has three beds. One for each of the three main rooms he and I are in. So I had to pull them both near my desk (as we only had one of the beds there). Um, right now Roc barely fits into this bed. One day it will work as a nice pillow for him. But he manage to squeeze himself into it for a 30 minute nap. Scooter played nice and shared and decided to rest with him.







Roc fast asleep. The best picture I could get of
his face all day.




The boyz asleep. I think Scooter was worried about SIDS or something with him. He kept waking up and staring at Roc. Like he was making sure he was still breathing or something. It was very cute.


After the excitement at home we headed to the church. Our choir has been blessed again by being asked by Mike Speck to premier another one of his musicals at the music conference in Spartanburg next week. My girls actually get to be apart of the children's choir this year. They are SO excited.

David wanted them to record the song they are doing and this was a big deal for the girls. They recorded their song just like the adult choir. Head phones in, music coming through that. Such a neat experience for Terra and LeAnn. They felt SO special and honored. I was excited for them!

David (our awesome minister of music) listens in to make sure things are coming through nicely!

We love you David!!!!

So until next time. I hope you enjoyed meeting Roc. I just need to settle in for ride on this one. I'm not use to being the nervous one when it comes to adding a four legged family member. Michael was the one this time head over heels and I was the one that was a little unsure. He is here now and I do know that Scooter is very happy to have a baby brother. Even though the baby brother is now and will forever be bigger than him.

But I'm checking into bed earlier tonight. Last night I was up till 3am getting the house ready for the new addition. Today I have paid for it with very low energy and a bad headache. So off to bed Scooter and I will go. Thank goodness for muscle relaxers and other great pain pills to help sleep well.

And NO Roc will NOT be in the bed with us. I mean yes a King size bed is big. But we already have two humans and one small dog that turns into a great Dane in his sleep. Roc had a huge pillow bed in the corner of the room on MICHAEL'S side of the bed to sleep tight in.

So good night to all.

O one prayer request. Just something that I was reminded of when I look down on the desk.

We are starting to get the medical bills for Michael's "events". Please pray that God will lead us in this matter. Many many many people in the medical field that are dear friends of ours (doctors, nurses and even the surgeon we have now) as advised we take legal action with all that happened. Michael and I have never done anything of that sort. We are praying that God will give us peace about it all and what to do. Please pray that God will make HIS will so clear to us that we will be able to step forward with confidence, whatever the decision.

Living In HIM
The Justice Family

No comments: