Thursday, July 3, 2008

Little Blessings






Have you ever been reminded by God, in the midst of an everyday activity, just how much He has blessed you? Last night was one of those times for me. Michael was feeling a little stronger. I had bought the girls several new games and one of those was Trouble. Not trouble as in being trouble but Trouble as in the name of the game. Anyway, Michael, the girls and I sat down to play this game together. After a while Michael could not lean forward to push his turn so I had to do his for him. Poor guy, playing trouble while laying down. Anyway, HE could barely play and yet HE won! Mean ol man.






The moment that caught my thoughts was how special it was to just be there, the four of us. No TV, just the sound of the pop from the game, our laughs and....well farts. YES, I mean farts. LeAnn started it! She was having such a hard time pushing the middle down to roll the dice that she farted while trying!!! It was HILARIOUS. I'm not talking no little toot. I'm talking a full blown fart. We all laughed so hard. We couldn't play for a few minutes. Time went by and we continued to play. I had gas myself and just let one rip. Michael said, "that's just wrong." Terra of course needed her turn. And hers was so loud Michael asked her if she needed to go check her pants. I know not the moments most would write home about but if you know my family as a whole, these moments are not something we get embarassed by. The moment that sent us all out of the room though was Scooter. He was layed up between Michael and I. Keep in mind, this week makes a year since we welcomed this little man into our home. I have NEVER smelt or heard this dog fart. But boy did he let one lose last night. It was awful! The game was offically over after that one.






It was SO funny. We were laughing so hard and just enjoying being together. O how I love my family. God has truly blessed me in ways I DO NOT deserve. I could have never asked for all He has given me.






Another moment of thankfulness was hearing the amazing voice of my husband singing again. We of course have a wedding this weekend, July 5th and though he has pulled himself for MCing the reception, he is set on singing his song for the ceremony. Not just the sound of Michael's voice but the strings from the gittar and the words of the song. It is a praise song sung by Lifehouse titled "Everything".






Find me here



Speak to me



I want to feel you



I need to hear you






You are the light



That's leading me



To the place where



I find peace again






You are the strength



That keeps me walking



You are the hope



That keeps me trusting






You are the life



To my soul



You are my purpose



You are everything






And how can I



Stand here with you



And not be moved by you



Would you tell me



How could it be



Any better than this






You calm the storms



You give me rest



You hold me in your hands



You won't let me fall






You still my heart



And you take my breath away



Would you take me in



Would you take me deeper now






Cause you're all I want



You are all I need



You are everything



Everything






How those words so describe how I long for my heart to cry out EVERYDAY. Not just on Sunday's, or when I'm clean from sin that so stains my heart and soul. I want to be in that state of totally leaning on my Heavenly Father to be EVERYTHING to me at ALL times.






Praise music is so special to Michael, the girls and I. Often times we will fill our house with praise. Cause Michael and I hold to the promise that God inhabits the praise of His people. No where does it say God might show up if you praise Him. But it says HE INHABITS THE PRAISE OF HIS PEOPLE.






Today was one of those days where I was working in the office and had my ipod playing praise, I could walk down the hall and hear the girls singing praise music with their cd player. How awesome it is that even at the age of 6, the girls know those words. And though they may not understand ALL the words they are singing. The fact that they have those words hidden in their hearts, means so much to me.






Even as I write this...Michael has picked up that gittar and is singing in the back ground. It's funny too, cause poor guy is laying ON HIS BACK, playing and singing. Yet he hits all those notes perfectly. How awesome a gift of music that God gives us as His children. I can not imagine how much He enjoys it when we turn that gift back to Him in praises from our lips and hearts.






Thank you Lord for a husband that not only sings, plays and memorizes the words to hundreds of praise songs but truly LIVES those words as well. Thank you for two beautiful daughters that already at the age of 6 are asking questions about Heaven and Hell. Life afer death. Daughters that are already learning to follow Your words, memorizing Your word and lifting praises to you. Not because Michael and I leave them with only priase music in their room. God, you know they have other opitions in their cd drawer. Yet they so often choose praise songs above Hannah Montana or Jonas Brothers because they love it. Thank you for the simple things in life like laughter and passing of air. What an odd thing to thank you for. It;s so neat how you made us all different. What is so funny to one may offend another, but you gave us our humor and made it so unique. Thank you for my hunor and silliness. Thank you for reminding me of the blessings in the little things. You are my Lion of Judah. I love you so much. Please forgive me for failing you, as I do everyday. Thank you for grace and forgiveness. Help me to continue to learn to forgive myself. Thank you for yet just another day to take you in. How can I not go through life and be moved by You? Just like that songs says. What a powerful source of love, unconditional love. Thank you for continuing to heal Michael I pray for the results we are still waiting on. I pray for the wedding this weekend that You will give him strength. I pray for the surgery that we still have to go through. Father I love you! May my heart ever seek to praise and honor You.






Your Daughter



Candy

No comments: