Friday, March 12, 2010

Needles and knifes

Friday, March 12. I woke anxious to get to Mayo to have the mole on my neck that turned black all of a sudden. I dropped "things" off at the lab. Had more blood withdrawn. Then I went for my next appointment. I had no idea what they were going to do. It's a good thing, cause I may not have walked in there. In no time I was having three needles stabbed into my stomach and then some fluid withdrawn as well. OUCH. I mentioned the mole on my neck. The dr whom I didn't have a appointment with, called me back within 30 minutes. Now what doctor do you know that I can walk in with a problem, no warning. And within minutes the doctor is ready to see you for your concern? I thought for sure I would be there forever. I mean the waiting room was full. After a quick look at the mole he said he was going to schedule for me to see a dermentologist. I thought great, I can get this looked at some time next week and be done with it. No I was seen within hours. These people don't play. So in pain and anxious to leave from the sticking earlier, I sat waiting to meet my next doctor. Dr Randel actually saw me an hour early cause I told the nurse I was in pain and she could clearly see that for herself. I was taken back. Dr Randel took a quick look at the spot with this thing on his head and these glasses that came over his eyes. He said he did not like the way it looked at all and it would need to be removed. He didn't stop there. I checked every inch of my body to make sure there were no other places of concern. So asking when we would remove the spot...right now he said. Great more pain for the day I thought. He had a nurse come in and be began quickly with no warning. He numbed things like a dentist. Four BIG sticks around the sight. He told me it would be a big stick. I said like an iv? He said no, a BIG stick. OUCH. Alot of stinging as the meds went in. He cut it off, then dug a little. Four stitches later...he is all done. It is bothering me but I'm glad it is off. He sent it off and said I would hear back by next Wednesday.

Well that is about it for today. Thank you again for all your prayers.

Candy

No comments: