Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Life goes on...

Many of you are asking...So what's going on in Kiev, Ukraine? Glad you asked.

With pictures too...

Some building in Ukraine...no info given more than that.

Let's input the info sent with the pictures...then maybe these pictures will make more sense....





Here's the scoop from the source himself......

It all started about 2557 days ago... Today was a very special day for me. I had not realized or thought ahead to prepare myself for this special day, but God brought to my memory how this all started. Today is Independence Day here in Ukraine and 7 years ago today was the first time that I arrived here. Pastor Ed Kirkland and I had been invited to come to Ukraine with the purpose of starting a relationship with a local church here in the area. In the process we decided to commit to a 3 year plan of giving, serving, and praying for each other. San Jose committed to give sacrificially to help them build a building. Little did I know at the time that the Lord would call me to serve here years later. Today I traveled by Metro (subway) about 1.5 hours (still within the city of Kiev) to visit the church where it all began. I had no idea of the emotions that would flood over me as I walked onto the property. The Lord brought to mind so many experiences I had shared in the past. I recalled having many fellowships in the basement of the church and meeting with the deacons/pastors for the first time in the small, dark office. It was here just before the service that I was told that I would be preaching that morning. I recalled all the meetings in the room downstairs with the large table. It was here that Pastor Ed and I again met with the church leadership and shared how the Lord led us to this point. I was able to walk in the building that we built, it is beautiful. As I walked on the campus I ran into some old friends that I had not seen or heard from in years. They took me to the Pastor who was meeting in the same room where I had first met him. He promptly asked me to preach the morning message. It was extremely emotional for me to be brought full circle to where it all started, on the very same day it all started. I guess it shouldn't surprise me though. It's just the way the Lord always seems to work. When you are sensitive to His working in your life, you can always find His handiwork. I thank each of you for being a part of my life. You each mean to much to me, you are a part of God's handiwork in my life. True I miss you terribly, more than you could know. Yet I know this is where the Lord wants me to be. I again thank each of you for the role that you play in my life. Your prayers and support sustain me. I would love to hear from you! Of course you can always reach me via e-mail, but did you also know that you can call me on the phone? If you call the home (Florida home) phone number, you will reach me here in Ukraine. Please remember that we are 7 hours ahead of EST so if it is 10:00 AM in Jacksonville, then it will be 5:00 PM in Kiev. The phone call is free for you, unless you have to pay for long distance to call Jacksonville.

Humbly I serve at the pleasure of the King,

PS-These are various photos from the past few days.


End quote....
















This is the picture of the church building our home church, San Jose, in Jacksonville, helped build. I love it!














So that's what's going on in Kiev, Ukraine. Please keep praying. God is working over time already...but prayers are never lifted too much!












Well I was glad not to have all the action today. I just can't handle anything else on my plate. I guess God thinks other wise. I had to meet with a officer from Campbell county today. I had to draw on this board...looked like an expensive Megna Doodle. Unforantely I was informed further on the passengers. There were 4 deaths in this accident. I know one was a infant. I don't know how old exactaly. I was told the lady had a heart attack behind the wheel. Please pray for these families. I was hoping after today's meeting it would all be behind me, however I was told I will be served to appear in court. Not sure why, if the lady had a heart attack and is not here, who exactally is being charged with something? I don't understand all that and really pray that it all will just be over. I can't get over how something that took seconds to happen, can be so engraved in my mind and keep replaying itself. I'm praying for these families and that God will take the images out of my mind. I keep asking Him why He had me there. I still do not know. It is weird how life changed and sadly for some ended so quickly from the accident but life for the rest...goes on. hum...

Well that's about it for today. Alot going on as you can tell. Here, Ukraine, Florida....I feel like I'm every where in the world at once. Kinda weird actually.

Thanks to those that read these (which is more than I thought). Your comments, responses, cards, calls, emails...are so encouraging. I'm glad to share my life with you. I had no idea it would actually benefit and minister to anyone. Isn't it neat how God uses you in ways you had no intention of? I was just entertaining myself and using blogspot as a journal to keep people updated on daddy, the girls and I, and well family as a whole...life as a whole.

Onward Christian Shoulders...(no idea just what came to mind...)

Candy

No comments: