Thursday, June 25, 2009

An end to a gift to our community

First, I'm so sorry to hear about Cheer Xtreme closing. It is odd but since I started CX and even though I have not been apart of the program for what I think is 5 years...I still feel a part of me will be missing. Knowing the hard work to get that program up and running and fighting through things when we didn't have a place of our own, all the sweat into getting advertisement into the schools and community and on and on I could go...it's just sad to see it end.

I was proud of the work Tim did. He did a great job and I was very happy about all he brought to the table...before and after my being apart of it all. I know very few of the families left in the program...but to those I do know...I'm sorry it had to end.

To the ones that have asked me if there is anything I could do to help it stay open...I refer you to the letter I sent to Tim this evening. As I told you, I know nothing so I can not even offer up ideas without knowing the answers to many questions. I asked a few of those, but so much more info would be needed to make a educated thought of how to keep CX going for our community.

VHSL offers some of the cheer athletes in our area a great venue to learn, build and advance in the sport of cheerleading. I hate that not all schools offer this, but maybe this will change with time.

I wish you all the best of luck in your cheer careers and all areas of you lives. Hopefully CX leaves you with great discipline, determination and dedication to advance in life as a whole!

Candy

No comments: