Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Girls Follow Up DR Apt

Hello all. Just a quick note to update on the girls and their follow up appointment today. I promised the girls I was all theirs tonight so. I'll make this short and put other pieces in later.

We had our follow up appointment today. The girls O2 stats even with not being sick with the flu...still sat in the mid to high 80's. Again suppose to be 95. The doctor filled the paper work out for me to take to the school. They will be homebound. For those that do not understand this. Cause I didn't understand it till a few weeks and ago..and never heard of it. NO I will not be homeschooling them. Are you kidding none of us would survive that. The county school systems will appoint a teacher to come to our home one hour a day to teach the girls. My girls are very upset about this. They LOVE school and want to be with their friends. I am concerned about their lack of social skills. I mean with them being twins they are very tight and in some circles stick together, tuning everyone else out. Their lack of social skills is one of the main reasons they are in T-1 and not first grade this year. Now that social time is being taken away all
together. Yes when they get better we can return to church...but have been advised not to push that till the winter months are over. Which I hate cause we have not been able to be in church since this summer. With Michael's proceedor this summer, my depression and hospitalizations, the girls sickness on and off and their hospitalizations....I mean TRBC from the bed on Sunday mornings are great but...without true fellowship it's difficult. We all long for that fellowship again. But can't risk the girls health to be there for that.

Anyway, please continue to pray. This homebound is going to be a tough pill to swalloe for all of us. This also means I must make their days at home more productive during the day. Which means we will have to use more expenses to make this happen. What I mean by that is that the DR wants to get them to the YMCA for programs that help kids with asthma learn to live with their illness. She STRONGLY suggested both girls take swim lessons all year. This will help build up their lungs. We have a YMCA membership but with us paying $700 a month on meds for the girls and I...that extra $70 dollars a month is difficult to add back in. So I froze our YMCA membership for the time being.

The Miley Cyrus song The Climb is so perfect for the girls right now. All three of us are in love with that song. It's on in the back ground. Anyway. That was a bunny trail.

We covet your prayers so much during this time. Our church family has been such a great support. We love you all and hope that God will bless you all in return for your faithfulness to bless us in all the ways you have.

Trying to stay calm in the storm,
Michael and Candy Justice
LeAnn and Terra

No comments: