Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Things about Candy

Something I did on facebook that a few of you wanted to read cause you had read about it. So here I copied it for ya. You people are funny. I had no idea I was so entertaining!!!

25 things about Candy
I have copied and pasted this. Here are the rules, as they have been passed on to me. If you are tagged in this note, you must write your own list of 25 random things about yourself (random facts, goals, habits, etc. about yourself,) (or 26, or 27 if you can't stop) then tag 25 (or less )of your friends in said list (include the person that tagged you in their note.) If I've tagged you - it means I would like to know more about you. Have fun!

1. Lets see if I can actually come up with 25 things about me that would even be remotely interesting to ANYONE

2. Down one I guess.....I'm naturally a red head. Strawberry Blonde

3. I was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida..man I miss the beach. If Lynchburg had a body of water running through it even like the St. Johns River...I would be in heaven. I miss being on the water.

4. I have an older brother Chris, love him! We use to share the same initials. Christopher Michael (ANOTHER STINKIN MICHAEL) Green and Candace Marie Green. Yes my name was Candy Green. HA HA HA I think the name Michael should be banned from ever being used for maybe at least 90 years or so

5. Though I LOVED and thrived off of the sport of cheerleading I wish I would have ran track or done swim team in addition. Which would have given me more discipline for staying in shape NOW...at this point I'm 31. Not likely to workout now days by "cheering"

6. I have two beautiful twin daughters...and their middle names rhyme...not their first names. Terra Renee and LeAnn McKay. Terra is named after my best cousin Terra, her middle name actually is cause of a old friend Renee Mangham. Never told her that. Just reconnected with her on facebook so...Renee my daughters middle name was chosen because I always loved your name!!! You were also always a great person when I cheered and even my senior year when I didn't cheer. Not many were like that! LeAnn McKay just came from a book. I liked those names.

7. Man I'm only on 7.....I got married on September 11th in 1999. It was a funny date when we got married. But not so funny anymore. The date scares me to death. Especially since I had JUST brought twin girls into the world on September 4, 2001...then 6 short days later 9/11 happened. All I could do was stare at these two girls weighing less that 5 pounds and wondering what kind of world I just brought them into.

8. What I consider my greatest accomplishment aside from my girls and marriage...the year of One Heart Beat at HHS here in Lynchburg. That year I really stretched my talents in cheerleading. Did the choreography, Music and all....ALONE The program went from being no threat to any other school, to being one of the best in town and now none existent.

9. Second would be starting the wonderful program of Cheer Xtreme All-stars here in town. I'm not apart of it anymore, but my heart is there and I consider it a success because it is still going. I could have made a bad decision and stayed and risked killing it all. I knew the night I left that with no doubt I left it in good hands. I am proud of Tim and Amber and what they have made of it.

10. I am a member of the choir at Hyland Heights Baptist church. I love being invovled. I can't wait to get better and return! I'm the choir brat!!!!

11. I had my nose broken in a National Cheer Competition in high school. Angel Crawford, whom I also recently reconnected with on facebook, was SO excited about our performance that she was jumping like a chicken and elbowed me from the left side. When I'm at my thinnest...you can really see how my nose still curves!!!

12. I LOVE to cook. Love it! I have been taught by the greatest. My granny, and my two favorite aunts, Aunt Cindy and Aunt Millie. Just ask anyone that's had one of my steak dinners!!!! Ed Parker will testify!

13. Good heavens...this is hard....I got a puppy as my wedding present. Michael got him while I was at home preparing for the wedding and seeing my granny through heart surgery. So he went ahead and named him. He called him Dusty cause of his coat color. I then added the name Alan after my high school sweet heart Dustin Alan Baine. In no way was Dusty a dog...he was a gentleman. But it just flowed. I recently reconnected with Dusty too. Facebook as been a great source of reconnecting....Dusty (the dog) died a little over a year ago. I miss him. But God gave me Scooter Winston a pie-bold dashund who is his mommy's lil man.

14. I LOVE accounting. It's money how could you not love it!!!!

15. I love to remodel homes. Like paint and garden. No IDEA where that came from. No one else in my family does this.

16. I love action, chick flicks and scary movies. When the movies are REALLY scary I will laugh at the scariest parts. No idea why. I just do.

17. Italian and Mexican are foods that I MUST have once a week!!!!

18. I am OCD MAJOR. Everything has its place and it MUST be in it. I put my dishes away in a color pattern. Same with towels, clothes...everything. All foods in cabinets must be facing forward and in like foods. I fold my underwear and even the girls underwear. Anyone that knows how small a 30 pound girls underwear are will see the silliness in this.

19. I've been committed for clinical depression 3 times so far...I had a doctor in the ER VERY surprised by that cause I'm a devoted Christian. I'm Christian but I'm NOT perfect. That's a sad one...sorry I just think its funny how people gasp when you tell them that your a Christian and are in therapy and have been committed. God is still working on me...

20. My daughters have nick names LeAnn is tid-bit, she is SO tiny...Just air. Terra is pee-wee. No idea where the names came from just, something I started calling them.

21. I love bread over something sweet!!

22. My love language is gifts

23. I truly think I married the best man! He is SO patient with my...ways. Loving, ah-maz-ing Father, lover and friend. He is my everything. He has made me a better person.

24. Two more....um, lets see...my most spiritual and heart felt moment was being in the room as my granny passed on to her eternal home. Words can not describe this experience. Normally I would stay as far away as possible. Funeral homes, even caskets just freak me out. But I had no ill feelings being there by her bed side as she passed. Being in the hospice center for 8 days you truly get the idea of just how different those who know that they are Heaven Bound and those who are not...their passings are so different. Some would scream and cry the whole time and those "at peace" layed still in God's arms till their final breath.

25. My lil dashund can beat up our blood hound/lab...which is what he is doing right this moment....

No comments: